Run-Walk for Life:
The WCPC Walk and 5k Run will be hosted as a VIRTUAL event this year on Saturday, July 18th.
What is Virtual Walk/Run For Life?
Because we’re not totally certain when social distancing will cease, we’ve decided to make this year’s Walk/Run a virtual event. So, what does that look like?
1) Register and create your own page at www.walkwcpc.com. The program has a default goal, but feel free to increase it! Be bold and courageous! Those who are not online can use this pledge form.
2) Contact your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors using the link. Ask them to support you in raising funds for Whatcom County Pregnancy Clinic. (By the way, Whatcom County Pregnancy Clinic is considered an “essential” service and we are open and busy!)They can click the link in the email to sponsor you securely online.
3) Once you’ve collected all your funds please mail them to our secure mailbox at P. O. Box 1663, Bellingham, WA 98227 by Wednesday, July 15th, 2020. Or drop off the registration in person Friday, July 17th at 1310 N. State Street during business hours (9:00am – 5:00pm). Checks should be payable to “WCPC”. Don’t forget to enter those donations on your FundEasy page! WCPC will take care of any “Bill Me” pledges that are indicated on a registration form or online shortly after July 18th.
4) Each participant who raises $150 in pledges earns one T-shirt. If you register as a team or family, every $150 raised will earn an additional t-shirt, but only those who are participating can collect one. To get your t-shirt before the event please pick it up Friday, July 17th at 1310 N. State Street during business hours (9:00am – 5:00pm). If you can’t pick it up we will send you a Walk 4 Life T-shirt by mail following the event.
5) Take a selfie wearing your T-shirt while you’re doing your virtual activities. Send your selfie to email@example.com, post it to Instagram using #wcpcwalk4life, or post it on WCPC event Facebook page.
6) Be creative in HOW you will raise funds and let your supporters know what you’ll be doing. Email or Facebook are great ways to communicate. You can Walk/Run/Bike/Row/Climb/Swim anywhere at home, at a park, in your neighborhood, wherever you choose.
7) Prizes will be awarded for Most Funds Raised in several categories including Child (ages 0-12), teen (ages 13-19), adult, or family. Other prizes will be awarded to Best Selfie, Most Creative Attire, Most Creative Physical Activity and Most Creative Route. Activity must be posted using #wcpcwalk4life . We’ll announce winners on July 24th on WCPC’s website and Facebook event page.
TOGETHER WE CAN RAISE DESPERATELY NEEDED FUNDS TO KEEP WHATCOM COUNTY PREGNANCY CLINIC OPEN TO SERVE THOSE IN NEED OF OUR SERVICES DURING THIS CRITICAL TIME!
WCPC Banquet: Friday October 30th 2020
speaker Melissa Ohden
Baby Bottle Campaign
The annual Baby Bottles for WCPC is an opportunity for churches and families to provide financial support by filling a baby bottle with loose change, cash and checks. At WCPC we value both mother and baby, knowing that when we provide the help and support that the mother needs, she is able to make a choice for life.
We invite you to partner with us in providing our free services to women and men who need us. This campaign is an easy way for your congregation or group to partner with us and is also a great way for families with young children to talk about compassion and showing God’s love to those in need. All of the funds collected go directly to our free patient care. If your church or group would like to participate, please contact Doddie Honrud at DoddieH@Whatcomclinic.com.